Step 1. Needs assessment with all stakeholders.
- Community groups – Surveys and Consultations
- Education departments – Consultations and Workshops
- NGOs – Consultations and Workshops
- Teachers – Workshops and Surveys
- Students – Surveys and Diagnostic levels tests
Step 2. Workshops to draft syllabi and curricula.
- Discuss teaching experiences
- Identify preferred methodologies
- Evaluate materials in use currently
- Draft topic, skill and structure preferences
Step 3. Write draft of materials.
Step 4. Materials trialed in schools.
Step 5. Feedback/evaluation.
Collect information about:
- Relevance from teachers
- Interest of students
Step 6. Edit materials.
and back to step one…